Lemon & Rosemary Roasted Chicken
😍 “Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want “- Ken Poirot 😍
5 lb whole chicken washed & dried
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup butter softened
2 large springs fresh rosemary diced finely
4 garlic cloves minced
Zest of 4 lemons
Salt & pepper
Fresh lemon juice 2 lemons
Cavity stuffing sliced lemons, sliced onions, spring of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add butter to a medium sized bowl.
- Add in olive oil, rosemary, garlic and lemon zest.
- Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper, including inside of the cavity.
- Brush the butter mixture onto the chicken generously covering up all of the chicken.
- Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons all over the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken with lemon slices, rosemary and onions.
- Tie together the legs if desired.
- Place chicken in roasting pan.
- Cook for 45 minutes and then baste.
- Return to oven and cook for another 15 minutes or until golden. Lightly tent with foil if chicken is browning too quickly.
- Let chicken cool for 15 minute before carving.
This is a quick and lazy comfort-food. Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 30 minutes. Serves 2.
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 chicken thighs
1 cup broccoli
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix spices and oil together in bowl. Rub chicken with spices. Place in casserole dish and bake for thirty minutes. Steam broccoli and serve as a side dish.